From John Fletcher:
- Did I awake spiritual, and was I watchful in keeping my mind from wandering this morning when I was rising?
- Have I this day got nearer to God in times of prayer, or have I given way to a lazy, idle spirit?
- Has my faith been weakened by unwatchfulness or quickened by diligence this day?
- Have I this day walked by faith and eyed God in all things?
- Have I denied myself in all unkind words and thoughts? Have I delighted in seeing others preferred before me?
- Have I made the most of my precious time, as far as I had light, strength, and opportunity?
- Have I kept the issues of my heart in the means of grace, so as to profit by them?
- What have I done this day for the souls and bodies of God’s dear saints?
- Have I laid out anything to please myself when I might have saved the money for the cause of God?
- Have I governed well my tongue this day, remembering that “in a multitude of words there wanteth not sin”?
- In how many instances have I denied myself this day?
- Do my life and conversation adorn the Gospel of Jesus Christ?